10 good reasons why you should drink a beer or two.
Beer is an alcoholic drink which is frequently consumed in combination with certain meals, especially in Europe and North America.
Beer has protein and vitamin B, even more than wine, whereas it has the same amount of antioxidants as wine. Beer is also rich in minerals that have an important role in numerous metabolic processes. Without doubt, if drank in moderation, beer can better one’s overall health in many ways.
Here are 10 good reasons why you should drink beer! No. 4 is very important!
- Beer keeps the kidneys healthy– a study has shown that one bottle of beer lowers the risk of kidney stones by 40%.
- Beer reduces high levels of cholesterol-the fiber in beer is known to reduce the high levels of bad cholesterol.
- Beer increases the level of vitamin B– beer is rich in vitamins B1, B2, B6, and B12 and it’s believed that people who drink beer have 30% higher amount of vitamin B6 than those who don’t drink it. Their levels were double than the levels of those who drank wine during the study. Vitamin B12 is also present in beer.
- Beer makes the bones stronger- a study showed that the silicon in beer increases the bone density.
- Beer is great for insomniacs- the nicotinic acid and lactoflavin found in beer encourage sleep.
- Beer lowers the risk of heart attack– experts believe that people who drink beer on a regular basis have a 40 to 60% reduced risk of a heart attack than those who don’t drink beer.
- Beer prevents blood clots- certain ingredients in beer prevent the occurrence of blood clots.
- Beer boosts the memory- according to a study done recently; those who drink beer have less chance of Alzheimer’s and dementia than people who don’t drink it.
- Beer fights off stress– experts from the University of Montreal found that 2 glasses of beer per day lower work-related stress and anxiety.
- Beer makes the skin youthful and beautiful- the vitamins found in beer regenerate the skin and have a positive influence on the pigmentation, thus, the skin becomes suppler and smoother.