This health drink is so powerful be careful to use it sparingly.
Black lemonade made with activated charcoal has made a positive impact on one health bloggers life.
Nicole, from Holisitcole.com has spoken about the personal benefits this drink has provided her with, and that she suggests others follow for the same great results.
Many ‘detox’ recipes are out there, but many have confusing instructions and ingredients, or require you starving yourself for days on end.
This simple recipe has just 5 simple ingredients, all available from your health food store, and is simple to make. Oh, did we mention that it was invented by a holistic expert?
Named the Dark Arts Elixir, this drink has improved digestion, banished bloating, boosted energy, helped with sleep and improved the appearance of tired skin.
If you want to try the two week Dark Arts Elixir detox, then follow the simple recipe below, and let us know what benefits it brings to your life.
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1/3-1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (Grade B or No.2)
- 1 teaspoon (about 3-4 capsules) activated charcoal (available in powder or capsules)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Juice your fresh lemons using a citrus juicer – this handheld juicer will maximize your lemon juice yield and make your citrus juicing life way easier. Add your fresh lemon juice to a pitcher.
- If you’re working with activated charcoal that comes in capsules, gently squeeze and twist the capsule to open it, and carefully pour all of the contents into your pitcher with the lemon juice. Be careful, this stage might be messy.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the pitcher, then whisk well to combine and refrigerate evenly.
- Enjoy on an empty stomach, 1-hour before a meal or before bed. You will have to stir the mixture again as the charcoal likes to settle at the top/bottom.
- Lasts 5-days when refrigerated.