Organic apple fritters recipe (gluten-free, processed sugar free, and vegan).
If you’re looking for more easy and delicious organic, vegan recipes to add your collection, this one is perfect!
These all-natural vegan apple fritters and so tasty and easy to make, this will be a recipe that you use again and again.
Vegan deserts are often criticized for lacking in depth of flavor, and as the vegan food industry is still in it’s relative infancy, there is a lack of great recipes for sweets out there.
If you’ve been looking for a new vegan desert to try or if you’ve never dabbled in vegan cookery before, this is a great place to start!
Organic Apple Fritters Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup gluten-free, organic, all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- egg replacer for one egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon milk of choice
Apple Fritters Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat enough coconut oil to fill one inch of the pan. (I use a small pan and make the fritters one at a time in order to not waste too much oil.
- While oil is coming to heat, mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in apple until apples are covered with batter.
- To test oil, drop cold water into oil – oil should begin to pop when hot enough. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Using hands, carefully drop flattened or rounded fritter into oil and allow frying for about 3 minutes or until browned and flip to other side.
- Drain fritters on paper towel.
- After all fritters are made and drained on paper towel, place in oven-safe container and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- In a coffee grinder or Vitamix, powder coconut sugar and blend arrowroot powder into coconut sugar. Add milk and mix to make the glaze.
- Remove fritters from oven and when cool to touch, dip each side of fritter in glaze and return to baking pan to cool.
- These fritters are best when served warm.
Try this recipe and tell us what you think! We know you won’t be disappointed. And as always, for best results, KEEP IT ORGANIC!