Given that our bodies are nearly 60% water, it seems only reasonable that drinks are one of the best ways we can boost our health. And, in the case of this pineapple water, it can be incredibly tasty!
Proper hydration is necessary for nutrient absorption, good circulation, and for proper digestion – but this recipe has the added benefit of boosting our nutrient levels as well.
In particular, pineapple is an amazing food, and adding it to this drink helps it pack quite the punch.
The enzyme bromelain is a potent anti-inflammatory, and adding fennel to this drink helps improve digestive as well.
In fact, a 2010 study showed that daily supplementation of pineapple juice led to lower inflammation in mice’s colons, and a 2015 study found pineapple juice every day helped improve participants’ asthma symptoms and lowered their weight, so the science here is pretty strong.
Check out the recipe below!
- 8 cups of hot water
- ½ c pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Wash and slice pineapple into chunks
- Add pineapple chunks to container holding 8 cups hot water
- Once cooled, add fennel seeds; allow to soak overnight
- Your drink is ready the next day – either strain the seeds out, or chew them for an extra punch