Without selenium, your thyroid doesn’t work right. Fortunately, we’re here to help!
In particular, your thyroid needs selenium to work. Most Americans get enough, according to the recommended daily allowance of 55 mcg, as the average American gets somewhere around 125 mcg.
Somewhere between 150 and 200 mcg can actually help prevent cancer, though!
Check these helpful recipes:
Super Selenium Serum
- 16 Brazil nuts, skin on
- ½ cup water
- Blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour into ½ cup container.
- Scoop out 1-2 Tablespoon portions and add to juices or smoothies! This neutral flavor will pair with everything!
- 2 Tablespoons Super Selenium Serum
- 1 small banana or ½ avocado or ½ cup mango or ½ cup coconut meat
- dash of vanilla powder or extract
- slice of fresh ginger or ¼ tsp powdered ginger (adds a trace amount of selenium)
- Blend until creamy and enjoy.