Here’s a list of the top 27 alkaline foods on the planet. Eat more to prevent cancer, obesity and heart disease!
The Standard American Diet is awful, so much so that’s it’s just pain SAD. Processed foods, fast foods, and genetically modified foods put our bodies through quite a lot, but we also have to consider what those foods do to our pH levels.
We’re meant to be an alkaline organism, and eating poor foods likely means we’re also eating too many acidic foods, which can change our blood pH from a normal alkaline level to harmful acidic levels. That, in turn, affects our immune system and makes us more susceptible to disease.
The following alkalizing foods, though, can help bring you back into balance and add to your general well-being.
First, the five best alkaline foods:
- Swiss Chard – a great alkaline food, it also has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties and can eliminate free radicals.
- Melon – Any kind of melon is great at cleansing the colon, and at a pH level of 8.5, they are super alkaline. Watermelon is especially good for you due to its high fiber and 92% water content.
- Buckwheat – a great way to replace wheat, buckwheat will kick start your day by improving energy and can even help prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Olive Oil – this tasty oil is rich in vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Flax Seed – in addition to being alkaline, flax seeds are also high in fiber and vitamin E. They can reduce inflammation and hot flashes in menopausal women.
Other great alkaline foods:
- Avocado – Has healthy monounsaturated fats for a healthy heart.
- Bananas – When ripe, bananas can an excellent superfood!
- Berries – High in antioxidants.
- Carrots – Contain beta-carotene and will improve eyesight.
- Garlic – Has the power to regulate blood pressure.
- Broccoli – Steam it for cholesterol- lowering benefits.
- Grapes – High in multivitamins and antioxidants, grapes will lower blood pressure.
- Pineapple – Will help with weight loss.
- Alfalfa Sprouts – Easy to digest and rich in enzymes to keep your hormones balanced.
- Lemons– One of the most alkalizing food, lemons also aid in cold, cough and flu relief.
- Brussels Sprouts – May prevent cancer.
- Sauerkraut – Fermented foods add probiotics to your diet.
- Cauliflower – A healthy substitute for bread!
- Grapefruit – Good source of vitamin A and C.
- Seaweeds – Contain iron and are powerful acid reducers.
- Quinoa – Will maintain healthy blood sugars.
- Cucumber – Its 90% water content will keep your skin healthy and youthful.
- Parsley – Will clean the intestines.
- Mango – Great for cleansing the colon.
- Spinach – The ultimate, vitamin-packed vegetable.
- Oranges – Great for clearing a cold.
- Papaya – A natural laxative to keep your colon clean.