For many women, ovarian cysts can be a major health issue, especially as they can be a precursor to cancer.
While large cysts can require surgery, we recommend the following natural remedies before that becomes necessary.
Check out these six great alternatives below:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: While you may be familiar with the many magical properties of ACV, you likely didn’t know that it’s potassium content can help combat ovarian cysts, as potassium deficiency is a major factor in ovarian cyst develop. We recommend either drinking ACV in warm water, or mixing it with black molasses in warm water – two glasses daily until the cysts disappear should do the trick.
- Beets: A powerful superfood, beets can help neutralize acids and filter toxins in your body. We recommend a natural remedy made by adding 1/2 cup beets, 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel, and 1 tablespoon black molasses, taken each morning on an empty stomach.
- Castor oil packs: Making a castor oil pack can help remove toxins and reboot the lymph system, which can sometimes naturally reduce and alleviate the cyst. (One note of caution: Castor oil use is not recommended for women menstruating, pregnant, or hoping to become pregnant.)
- Chamomile: Drinking chamomile tea can help with circulation in the pelvic region in addition to helping relax your body. This can help with both reproductive health and regulation of menstruation. We recommend drinking 3 cups each day.
- Epsom Salt Bath: While Epsom salt baths are best known for easing muscle pain and joint relief, those same properties can help ease the pain of an ovarian cyst. We recommend at least thirty minutes, daily.
- Heat: For pain relief, a heating pad or heated water bottle applied to the affected area can be helpful, and there are no known side-effects, though this doesn’t get rid of the cysts – only helps manage the pain.